Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day 2: The Shred

My first workout was last night at about 9:00 so it wasn't even a full day before I was at it for Day #2. While the Margo and Edith were at gymnastics I decided to use my time wisely and hit it again this afternoon...instead of playing Facebook or taking a nap (which I really wanted to do...and again, perhaps that's how I got to where I am...weird...anyway).

This time I knew what to expect this time around. In the Level 1 option there are a few exercises that require weights. Last night, per some of the online reviews I just had my 3 lb. weights on-hand. For some of the exercises (lateral raises- I hate those friggin' things- I just can't do those- I don't know why my my arms aren't made to do that) they were fine, for other motions (chest flies and stationary lunges with bicep curls) I felt like I could have easily gone heavier so today I made sure my 8 lbs. were close at hand.

It was another ass kicking. I'm not going to lie. I was sweating and huffing and puffing. At one point Jillian says she can hear the girls behind her on the video and at that point I full on started grunting and moaning. I began to think that if someone was listening in they might not think I was working out all if you get my drift (wink, wink, nod, nod). As I was air-punching there was much grunting. It does make you feel better and somehow makes the motions not seem so painful...not sure how or why, but it does. Helpful tip from me to you.

I still like Jillian. As a matter of fact I knew the things she was going to say this time and found them to be very supportive and encouraging. Keep in mind in another 16 days I might think she's a total bitch and hate her guts but for today I still like her and that's also important in making this slightly more enjoyable for someone who ABHORS working out.

Day 3 is just around the corner. I'm thinking this will be my last day at Level 1 and then I'll bump it up a notch. My quads are sore after today's workout but not to the point of being painful when I go up and down the stairs (I've been there before...I know that pain...the kind when you think, "Huh...I could just wear a Depends today to avoid bending my legs to sit on the toilet....")- a good light hurt but not terribly so.

Wish me luck...

Suburbian Siren, who even after all these years still cannot understand how my SIL thinks that what she does is OK (she's a personal trainer...she's made people THROW UP when she's been working them over...like some kind of freaking Fitness Nazi)...remind me to share a funny story about her body next time...

2 comments:

  1. You're doing a fitness blog, too? I don't even know how this happened to me. I just somehow ended up doing this. Knowing you, though, yours is going to be a lot better and funnier than mine. Good luck on your knew fitness goals. But if you instantly tone up and hit all your goals in like a month, as I expect you will, I'm going to be soooo frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I clicked 'preview' and it published it. And I needed to fix a few things. Crap. Anyway, I'll be along for your fitness posts every step of the way. And when I said "your knew fitness goals" I actually meant "your NEW fitness goals." Not sure how that happened there. You're going to do great.

    ReplyDelete

Oh c'mon, don't be shy, leave a comment...you know you wanna and honestly, you'd make my entire day and you want to have that warm fuzzy feeling don't you? Mmmk, thanks!